[rescue] San Antonio, TX area rescue

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Nov 25 23:55:35 CST 2002

On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 12:51 AM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Sridhar was once saing that older gen S/390s were quite affordable, and
> they are also quite linux capable, but I'd imagine that older ones
> would
> do quite a number on your electric bill.

   I believe all of the older ones require 3-phase power, which makes
them a bit of a pain...but even the very oldest, the G1 machines,
aren't all that big mainframe-wise.  One extra-super-deep (and very
heavy) rack for the CPU.

   (eeek, scary flashbacks to moving that machine...when it starts
rolling in a listing truck, there's no stopping it!)

         -Dave