[rescue] Watchguard Firebox II

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Nov 22 18:55:46 CST 2002

On Friday, November 22, 2002, at 12:36 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:37:06PM -0500, Kevin Loch wrote:
>> Heh, I've never seen one that wasn't "broken", even when installed
>> in a network.  Especially when installed in a network.
>
> Broken how?  Was packet re-assembly screwed up?

The whole box is just generally fucked.  They break more often than
they work.  We used these at client sites while I was with DefendNet
and ended up having to replace them a *lot*.  We used to use Netscreen
10 boxen in their place when a client complained of breakage enough.

Of course, the suits still insisted we use Watchguards for some
reason...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com