[rescue] My new toy in Laurel MD!

ed at the7thbeer.com ed at the7thbeer.com
Mon Nov 18 21:17:03 CST 2002

They surplus them -- in pieces, w/ no title.  All the Offroader magazines
have researched this, and even I've done a little poking around (calls and
emails) to the DMRS (government surplussers).

So yeah, you can get them.  But you'd have to weld it all back together
and make it work and then find some way to title and register the beastie.

...or that's what the government's official line is...

However, I did see a Humvee in Colfax, CA, off I-80, that looked like a
dead ringer for a Desert Storm trim Humvee and it was for sale.
Unfortunately, I didn't have time to stop and look at it.  So maybe, if
you have the right contacts, it is possible.

-ed