[rescue] My new toy in Laurel MD!

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sat Nov 16 19:28:31 CST 2002

> Friend of mine was (is?) in the National Guard.  He told me that when
> they're in convoy (between bases, or whatever), that local police and
> highway patrol have NO jurisdiction over them.  Said one small-town
> cop tried to pull over a couple of troop haulers for speeding - the
> guys in the hauler laughed, gave him the finger, waved their guns
> around, and kept going...

One thing a lot of people don't seem to know is that the US
Interstate Highway System was built to facilitate the movement
of military traffic.  We (civilians) get to use it the rest of
the time, but the roads were built for the military.

When a military convoy is on the interstate highway, they have
right-of-way.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net