[rescue] Fw: Quick low-tech question

Jonathan C Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Nov 15 09:55:10 CST 2002

On Friday, November 15, 2002, at 03:10 AM, Tim H. wrote:

> Composite Sync has V and H combined on one wire (4 BNC if you have that
> type of connection) I believe the Suns are a separate sync (5 BNC)

Suns use composite sync (4 BNC) for their modern cards.  I think that
some of their old mono cards used a single coax connection for image
and sync, since I've run across ancient Sun monitors with either a
single BNC connector or a 13w3 with only one of the three coax "pins"
occupied.

> but I have never heard it referred to as component sync.  Which of
> course does not mean that that is not the correct term.

Component sync is the proper term for "separate sync".

--
Jonathan C. Patschke
Celestrion Information Systems