[rescue] Need opinion on Perle CS9000 console server

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Nov 14 03:23:00 CST 2002

Hi Lads

I've been looking for a quality console server for some time and I've just been offered a used 24-port Perle CS9000 for ~300USD plus shipping.

This looks like a seriously nice unit for the ever-growing server farm (zoo?) in my office. It is 1U, ensures no break signal is issued on power cycles, supports SSH v1 and SSH v2, and can authenticate against a Radius database etc.

The datasheet is available at:

http://www.perle.com/products/prod_family/console_server/cs9000_des.html

Has anyone used one of these? Anyone have a strong opinion on them? Is ~300USD a good price for a used unit?

Regards,

Gavin