[rescue] Internal SCSI CD Cable on an Ultra1?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 15 07:40:44 CST 2002

Bill--
> on the Ultra 1, it seems I need to connect to the system with a male
> connector. There is a female connector right where the SCA drive cable
> connects in and from the manuals it looks as if this is where the CD-ROM
> cable should plug in.
Hmm.  I'm several hundred miles from my U1s right now, but every U1
I've ever opened up has had the correct 50-pin cable already plugged
in and waiting for a conventional SCSI CD-ROM drive to be dropped
in.  It sounds as though someone scarfed the cable out of yours...
no idea why, and I didn't realize that it was in any way unusual.

Sounds to me as though you need to acquire a cable from someone who
doesn't need it.  If no one's volunteered one in the next week, ping
me offlist and I'll see if I can scare one up from one of my systems
that doesn't have/need a CD-ROM.

  --Rip