[rescue] RE: console servers for headless & headed systems

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Nov 15 07:54:12 CST 2002

This discussion of console servers encourages me to ask for some advice: I am
looking to buy console server, and I've never used one before (just KVM's).
   I have a bunch of headless Sun Fire V100's, but I also have some E420R's
and E3x00's and a couple Ultra 10's with monitors & keyboards. I have been
considering the Cyclades TS-1000, which uses adapters to fit the cables to
your various systems, and it looks pretty nice. Does anyone have experience
mixing completely headless systems with "headed" systems on a server like
this? Will there be anything to look out for? Is there a better solution than
the Cyclades that I just don't know about?
   Any suggestions are appreciated.
-wde
P.S. ObRescue: The Ultra 10 is the oldest system I run, besides the Sequent
multi-386 box that's about to be powered down for the last time.
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator