[rescue] Fw: Quick low-tech question

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Nov 14 12:43:23 CST 2002

On 2002.11.14 05:51 Bill Bradford wrote:

> Monitor probably doesent do SyncOnGreen.
I never saw a Sun framebuffer that did SOG. All Sun framebuffers I
saw[1] use C-Sync. Even the CG3 (?) in the 3/260 that is part of my
desk[2] does C-Sync. So maybe the monitor does no C-Sync or the 13W3
adapter is crap.

> Also, if its a CG6, the monitor sense bit isnt getting passed through,
> so the system doesent know what resolution to output.
If the sense bits are open it should use the default (1152 x 900 @ 66 Hz
on old CG6)

[1] My newest Sun is a SS5. Don't know about PCI SPARCS.
[2] The other side of my desk is carried by a VAX 4000-400. :-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen