[rescue] What job does your SGI do at home?

Brent B. Powers powers at b2pi.com
Tue Nov 5 10:17:32 CST 2002

    Claude> Hi all...  I am not a frequent poster here.

    Claude> I guess I am one of the rare canadians (Quebec) with alot
    Claude> of SGI and SUN stuff in my private home...lotta other
    Claude> stuff too...

    Claude> O2, Origin 200, Indy, Indigoes, 4D system...etc....

    Claude> Since its in my home, you can figure its mostly used just
    Claude> to "play around with"....

    Claude> Companies are now unwilling to spend 4X normal cost to
    Claude> maintain and service SGI stuff...I can understand
    Claude> that....so they go to X86 style boxes...

    Claude> This SGI stuff is quite rare around here in Quebec...I got
    Claude> most of it for 0$...since most of it cant do nothing real
    Claude> "productive" anymore...they are just rare, neat and
    Claude> curious hardware....

    Claude> Most was found in universities, surplus places and
    Claude> schools...and was intercepted before going to thrash
    Claude> bin...some came from US friends in giveaways...most from
    Claude> inside Canada...

    Claude> Anyone within canada (or somewhere else) with non x86
    Claude> hardware recent or semi-recent can contact me for a
    Claude> rescue....or trades...I also have large collection of
    Claude> vintage 8 and 16 bit machines...

    Claude> These days I'm looking for 72 pin simms 16mb and over with
    Claude> parity, O2 ram and ram and a decent CPU for a Sparc 20...

    Claude> Claude http://computer_collector.tripod.com

I've got a number of mbus modules (including a couple of dual-ross
100's (I have one SS20 running two of these for a quad-processor
system)). I dont' think I have any SM81's, but I might have an SM71,
and definitely 51's

What do you have to trade? I have a Indigo 2 (purple) that I've not
even had time to set up yet... :()