[rescue] Fast Ethernet vs. SS2

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Mon Nov 11 15:24:06 CST 2002

   I'm looking to upgrade my SS2 to fast ethernet, since there's no NetBSD
support for FDDI. I don't need quad, so that leaves me with a choice
between Big Mac and Happy Meal. Of the two, I'd rather get a hme with
yummy full duplex, and they're readily available on Ebay for reasonable
prices. According to Sun, neither one is supported in a SS2. I'd ignore
that except that I have a nagging memory of someone here on list trying
it and finding out that it really didn't work. I've been unable to find
anything in the archives, though.

   Has anybody out there run 100baseTX in their SS2? With what hardware?

   Thank you!

   --James B.