[rescue] Conner Travan-4 Tape Drive Eats Tapes

Jonathan C Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Nov 8 14:33:49 CST 2002

In today's rescue pile (well, rescued from the closet of forgotten
hardware, anyway), I have a Conner CTT800E-S tape drive that takes
Travan TR-4 tapes.  It snips the tape as soon as it tries to seek on a
cartridge.  How hard would this probably be to fix?  I'm getting sort
of anxious about not having a tape drive on my mail/CVS server.

FWIW, It broke when someone pissed me off over the phone, and I slammed
a cartridge into it during my weekly backups.  I'm guessing I probably
bent a guide or something, but I can't see what.

--
Jonathan C. Patschke
Celestrion Information Systems