[rescue] Unknown Sun SBus card "sbus expansion"

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Nov 7 15:41:07 CST 2002

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 04:24:58PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Thursday, November 7, 2002 at 15:42:53 (-0500), s at avoidant.org wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: [rescue] Unknown Sun SBus card "sbus expansion"
> >
> > Um, actually, the cards are easy to find. It's the cables that are
> > unobtanium. I made two cables this year. I may do one more before New
> > years. They're tedious.
>
> I suspect that cable is close to the one that's needed for the
> high-speed async card....  I think the HSI/s part number is 501-1725...
>
> There's a 96-pin high-density connector on the back, just like the one
> on the 501-1840 XBOX controller IIRC.
>
> I have an HSI with neither cable nor patch panel.
>
> The cable's part number is 530-1685, and the patch panel number is
> 540-2191.
>
> (I don't really have a use for my HSI/S right now anyway, though it
> might be fun to try and get a NetBSD driver working and to play with a
> pair of my T1 CSU/DSUs wired back-to-back....)

I believe I have a spare cable and patch panel, but I'll have to check
the part numbers when I get home.  Are you interested in them?  I'd only
want the cost of packing and shipping.

I would have sent you private email, but I'm still stuck with you
refusing mail from servers with no MX, and my not being able to fix it,
other than by up and moving to a new service.

--
Joshua D. Boyd