[rescue] Unknown Sun SBus card "sbus expansion"

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Nov 7 15:24:58 CST 2002

[ On Thursday, November 7, 2002 at 15:42:53 (-0500), s at avoidant.org wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Unknown Sun SBus card "sbus expansion"
>
> Um, actually, the cards are easy to find. It's the cables that are
> unobtanium. I made two cables this year. I may do one more before New
> years. They're tedious.

I suspect that cable is close to the one that's needed for the
high-speed async card....  I think the HSI/s part number is 501-1725...

There's a 96-pin high-density connector on the back, just like the one
on the 501-1840 XBOX controller IIRC.

I have an HSI with neither cable nor patch panel.

The cable's part number is 530-1685, and the patch panel number is
540-2191.

(I don't really have a use for my HSI/S right now anyway, though it
might be fun to try and get a NetBSD driver working and to play with a
pair of my T1 CSU/DSUs wired back-to-back....)

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>