[rescue] is this the 'good' one ? (DECServer 700)

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Nov 7 15:15:59 CST 2002

> > Subject: Re: [rescue] is this the 'good' one ? (DECServer 700)
> >
> > I have a few DSRVW-YC, and I can state with certainty they can
> > *NOT* use a PCMCIA FLASH card.  There is no socket.  The model
> > equivalent to the -YC with the FLASH card socket is the -ZC.
>
> Ah, OK!  Other documents I have about the firmware hinted that all
> DS700's had FLASH capability....

The documents still available from www.dnpg.com are less than
clear on some older Digital network equipment.  When I found a
few -YC servers I thought I could add the FLASH card, but after
opening a few I couldn't find any rev. of the -YC that had a
FLASH card socket, so I put in a call to Compaq to clear up the
issue.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net