[rescue] AS400

Corda Albert J DLVA CordaAJ at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Wed Nov 6 13:12:41 CST 2002

A long time ago, I vaguely remember reading a post on one
of the newsgroups indicating that some versions of the AS/400
had "tilt" switches built in to indicate when the system was physically
moved. Once the tilt switch was triggered, the OS
would detect it and require a "revalidation" of the license.

BTW, Please, don't all jump down my throat at the same time ;-)
This probably falls under the catagory of "Urban Computer Legends".
I do remember that when I heard it, I thought it
sounded like paranoid hogwash... I'm just curious to see if
anyone else remembers hearing a fable like this?

-al-