Strange OS for strange machines (was: Re: [rescue] AS400)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Nov 6 07:35:00 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 11:14:55PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Well, if he doesn't have an OS, sure.  Dude...if I can get Unicos for
> a Cray supercomputer, I'm sure someone can find a copy of OS/400.  Come
> *on*.
HA! Give me a copy of Bull AIX for my Bull Escala T604e or a copy
of Motorola AIX for the 65 Motorola PowerStack II boxen I will get
next week. IBM AIX CDs don't boot on this machines. I asked around,
even got in contact with a Bull employee, nothing.
OK, comes time, comes OS.

Or even better: Give me a low level system programming handbook for
the T604e, so that I can port NetBSD to it. ;-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen