[rescue] AS400

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Nov 6 01:27:06 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 10:46:25PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   AS/400s make damn fine database servers, as I understand it.

Yes, they do, if you have DB2 on them.  I couldn't say what the likely
hood of that happening is.  I believe it is currently standard, but I
don't think it always was.

I wouldn't mind having one running DB2.  When I worked a Pfizer (the
plant I worked at was heavy into AS400s), I flipped through some
magazines, and got the impression that they made just yummy database
serving appliances.

--
Joshua D. Boyd