[rescue] What job does your SGI do at home?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Nov 5 00:00:44 CST 2002

On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 12:54 AM, Claude.W wrote:
> This SGI stuff is quite rare around here in Quebec...I got most of it
> for
> 0$...since most of it cant do nothing real "productive" anymore...they
> are
> just rare, neat and curious hardware....

   It can't?  Does some sort of silicon rot affect hardware up there or
something?  Seems to me they're capable of the same work now they could
do when they were new.  You mentioned an O200 in particular...I know of
about two dozen of the former and a dozen of the latter running in
production at many companies.  As recently as six months ago, my R10K
Indigo^2 was paying all of my bills.  And I have, erm, bills that are
larger than many. ;)

> Most was found in universities, surplus places and schools...and was
> intercepted before going to thrash bin...some came from US friends in
> giveaways...most from inside Canada...

   Good finds!

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "Mmmm, big."
St. Petersburg, FL                -Den