[rescue] What job does your SGI do at home?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Nov 4 17:10:56 CST 2002

"Todd Killingsworth" <tkilling at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I'm new to the group, and I'm curious about all of the SGI traffic on
> the list.
>
> Aside from the Ubergeek chic  and cool factor of using the same
> machines that Hollywood uses, what do list-members use their
> Indigo/I2/Octane/O2/Crimsons for?  Web services, visualization, games,
> ...?

I use mine for:
database serving
webserving
3D rendering
3D CGI modeling
CAD station
Video editing
websurfing
email reading (and responding :)
Office-like stuff (word processing, spreadsheets, financials, etc)
Games (though admitedly, there's a limited selection available)
web developement/composition
image editing
and so on...

So, essentially, anything and everything that I need to do with a
computer.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."