[rescue] Proposed SGI group buy (used 1100 servers, Octanes, Zx10s)

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Fri Nov 1 19:08:21 CST 2002

I don't want to put a damper on things for Americans, but since Sept
11, 2001 I've found that every piece of computer equipment that I've
gotten from outside the country (even Canada!) has been torn apart and
molested by US Customs.  I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't get in
on this deal, but maybe suggesting that you should expect the machines
to not be cosmetically in great shape (I've seen lots of broken plastic
over the last year) and just be pleasantly surprised if customs didn't
touch 'em.

CJH