[rescue] Proposed SGI group buy (used 1100 servers, Octanes, Zx10s)

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Nov 1 18:39:38 CST 2002

Hi Lads

I'm putting together another group buy opportunity on used SGI equipment.
This deal will be of most interest to people in New Zealand & Australia,
but I can also ship to the USA and other locations.

There are approximately forty SGI 1100 servers. These comprised a
render-farm at Weta Digital and were used to render CGI effects for the
Lord of the Rings movies. They are guaranteed to be complete & original (no
3rd party hardware), and working. They were used for around nine months and
all have the following configuration:

SGI 1100 (1U rack server - Serverworks III LE chipset)
Dual FC-PGA PIII 1GHz CPUs
512MB or 1GB of RAM
20GB IDE disk (ATA66)
Slim-line CDROM + floppy
Rack-rails

I can sell these for around 1150USD each. I can probably do a better price
if I get enough orders. Shipping price to be calculated from Auckland, New
Zealand.

I can also get cheap Octanes (512MB, 9GB, KB a& mouse, no media kit, SE
graphics). I can sell these for 350USD for 250MHz/2MB R10K systems, and
650USD for 300MHz/2MB R12K systems. Shipping to be calculated from
Melbourne, Australia.

I may have an opportunity to get some cheap SGI Zx10 workstations with
Wildcat 4110 cards (these are beasts - essentially the same machine as the
Intergraph Zx10).

Please email me off-list if you are interested in any of the above.

Best regards,

Gavin Hubbard