[rescue] Discussion Question

Rob Harhen axthrower at fozzy-networks.com
Fri Nov 1 09:42:29 CST 2002

FreeBSD router doing NAT for ipv4, route6d and rtadvd for ipv6, DHCP. Two
subnets, one for my room one for the rest of the house, for some reason
dummynet gives my subnet more bandwidth *grin*.  From the FreeBSD machine
everything goes to a cabletron switch with 168 10baseT ports, and a fiber
transciever (overkill i know.. but it was free) this serves the upstairs of
the house with the exception of my room, also the freebsd machine connects
to a linksys 24 port 10/100 switch (for my room)
, fiber is run from the cabletron to a small 8 port hub in the basement that
serves the computers in the first floor addition part of the house. Looking
to get some wireless setup once I have a balance in my bank account greater
than 2 digits.  Typicly there are 10-15 systems running at a time sometimes
more.

Rob