[rescue] PDASync gives java errors

Eric Johnson eric_j at oasis.novia.net
Thu Jan 31 07:59:46 CST 2002

It appears that you are missing at least one Java class/library on the
Ultra2. Since it does dynamic 'linking' it doesn't notice the problem
until it's in the middle of execution.

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> ok, my Visor died.  i'm borrowing one from a friend until i get mine back.
> i have a sync of mine from right before it died on my sparc20 at home.  i use
> the PDASync tool that comes with Solaris 8.  i don't currently have a head
> on my sparc20, so i use cygwin and XFree86 to remote display from the sparc20
> to the laptop.  PDASync doesn't work that way.  java complains.  don't have
> a copy of the error, although i could get it if there is call for it.
>
> so i figured the solution was to take my cradle into work and sync up to the
> ultra2 on my desk at work.  except that PDASync doesn't want to work here
> either.  WTF is going on dammit.
>
> bhechinger at wintermute.umipa.com$ sdtpdasync
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no runtime in java.library.path
>         at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
>         at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
>         at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:50)
>         at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:43)
>         at java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError.<init>(UnsatisfiedLinkError.java:42)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Compiled Code)
>         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:471)
>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:745)
>         at <Unloaded Method>
>         at com.sun.pdasync.SyncUI.PDASyncDlgUI.<init>(PDASyncDlgUI.java:120)
>         at com.sun.pdasync.PDASync.PDASync.<init>(PDASync.java:62)
>         at com.sun.pdasync.PDASync.PDASync.main(Compiled Code)
>
> anyone have any ideas?
>
> this is frustrating.
>
> thanks!
>
> -brian

-- Eric Johnson

We trained hard -- but it seemed that every time
we were beginning to form up into teams, we would
be reorganized. I was to learn later in life we
tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing,
and a wonderful method it can be for creating the
illusion of progress while producing confusion,
inefficiency and demoralization.

-- Petronius Arbiter, 66 AD

   /*\              ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
   \ /              - AGAINST HTML EMAIL
    X               - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
   / \