[rescue] PDASync gives java errors

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Thu Jan 31 03:00:07 CST 2002

ok, my Visor died.  i'm borrowing one from a friend until i get mine back.
i have a sync of mine from right before it died on my sparc20 at home.  i use
the PDASync tool that comes with Solaris 8.  i don't currently have a head
on my sparc20, so i use cygwin and XFree86 to remote display from the sparc20
to the laptop.  PDASync doesn't work that way.  java complains.  don't have
a copy of the error, although i could get it if there is call for it.

so i figured the solution was to take my cradle into work and sync up to the
ultra2 on my desk at work.  except that PDASync doesn't want to work here
either.  WTF is going on dammit.

bhechinger at wintermute.umipa.com$ sdtpdasync
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no runtime in java.library.path
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:50)
        at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:43)
        at java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError.<init>(UnsatisfiedLinkError.java:42)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Compiled Code)
        at <Unloaded Method>
        at com.sun.pdasync.SyncUI.PDASyncDlgUI.<init>(PDASyncDlgUI.java:120)
        at com.sun.pdasync.PDASync.PDASync.<init>(PDASync.java:62)
        at com.sun.pdasync.PDASync.PDASync.main(Compiled Code)

anyone have any ideas?

this is frustrating.

thanks!

-brian