[rescue] OT: tons of freeware, was OpenBSD

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Thu Jan 31 02:44:37 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 08:50:28PM -0600, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:
> Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:
> > > Take a look at http://sourceforge.net/ this is a rather extreme
> > > example, but how many duplicate efforts can you detect to do any one
> >
> > Variety is the spice of life?  I like it that way, personally.  It gives a
> > very broad choice of styles and methods to choose from.  There ain't nothing
> > wrong with that...
>
> I think the reason most of this stuff exists are because they're
> personal products that someone gained personal use from and thought
> they'd share with the open community.  atleast that's my peronsal
> experience.

Indeed.

And like I said, those are NOT FOR LINUX. Open systems, run anywhere.
But (on especially sf) there are many amateur coders and they want to
put out small programs and often other peoples' small programs just "do
something wrong" or such. They happen to run Linux because it's a
majority operating system.

No, what am I saying? Linux is a KERNEL!

--
> How do you know your code works if you can't test it? -- Joshua D Boyd
Do what Microsoft does - SHIP!		-- Bill Bradford