[rescue] OpenBSD

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Wed Jan 30 23:20:52 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 10:40:33PM -0500
Steve Sandau <ssandau at bath.tmac.com> wrote:
> Linc Fessenden wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >
> > >   Sure it works.  It's just not compatible with what the rest of the
> > > world uses.  Meaning Pthreads software won't run under Linux without
> > > porting, and threaded Linux software won't run on anything else
> > > without porting.
> >
> > Ahh, just give it a while and someone will get irritated with it and
> > change it around.  It may be happening already for all I know.
> >
> I thought there was a pthreads package for Linux...

there is..i know for sure that i've had to compile it as a dependancy
for things years ago.  but as far as compliance/portability i do not
know.  i only know enough to fix thingss and write what i need.  it's
been 7 years since i've done any serious coding.  i suck :)  i know
enough to debug an app and tell the programmers where it's sucking..but
currently i wouldn't be able to fix the code (c/c++).  pythong/sh/perl
i'm fine, but nothing 'real'

wow, "pythong"  now there's a slip of the mind.  i'm pure, honest.

.02
^D