[rescue] OpenBSD

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Wed Jan 30 21:40:33 CST 2002

Linc Fessenden wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> >   Sure it works.  It's just not compatible with what the rest of the
> > world uses.  Meaning Pthreads software won't run under Linux without
> > porting, and threaded Linux software won't run on anything else
> > without porting.
>
> Ahh, just give it a while and someone will get irritated with it and
> change it around.  It may be happening already for all I know.

I thought there was a pthreads package for Linux...

And George, Linux is great for about a dozen servers I have (mail, DNS,
time, www, firewall, and so on) that would have to be Windows or DOS
based (before Sol8). It's stable and reliable in my experience. It
certainly isn't ready for *everything* but not only is it not Windows,
it has better uptimes than Windows, too. ;) As for GUIs for management
and so on, I don't use any. I run Slackware and compile from source.
Works fine for lots o' stuff.

--
Steve Sandau
ssandau at bath.tmac.com