[rescue] OpenBSD

Iggy Drougge optimus at canit.se
Wed Jan 30 21:50:52 CST 2002

Brian Hechinger skrev:

>> I think that I have well established that I'm no admin wizard.  But I found
>> NetBSD easy to install on several Suns.  Now that I have a burner (assuming
>> that this one works, the last 2 didn't, and they were different brands for
>> different sources), I want to reload one of them to be OpenBSD.

>NetBSDs installer generally just works.  with a few exceptions.  one of the
>things that it can't do (and that's being worked on now) is that it has no
>support for installing to more than one disk.  this is a small problem when
>you are trying to install NetBSD on a pmax box with 4x200MB disks.  needless
>to say, i've become very familiar with the process of installing NetBSD
>without the sysinst program.  of course i usually manage to muck it up the
>first two times around, but eventually i get it right. :)

I have many small gripes about sysinst, but the framework's right.
One problem is that it's very stubborn about disks. It won't IME install on an
NFS volume, as I like to do with some systems.
Also, unlike other OSes, it doesn't query you about the keymap and locale
settings you'd like to use.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Ge med i SUGA, Swedish Usergroup of Amiga!
WWW: http://swedish.usergroup.amiga.tm/
BBS: 08-6582572, telnet://sua.ath.cx:42512