[rescue] OpenBSD

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Wed Jan 30 21:21:54 CST 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, George Adkins wrote:

> Dude...  The last time I installed DeadRat (for myself) that was exactly what
> it was...  along with the annoyance that s1-s3 are FDISK partitions (as in
> dos...) and the s4 is an fdisk (dos) extended partition, so that any further
> slicing is actually are actually 'virtual drives' inside of the s4 extended
> partition.
>
> What a load of crap.  A unix-like filesystem overlaid on an MS-DOS
> partitioning scheme.

That explains a lot.  I have been running RedHat since 5.2 and have
*never* seen that.  So, I am forced to believe that the last time you ran
Linux was in it's utter infancy.  Linux has come a long way and matured
quite a bit.  A lot can happen in the course of 4 or 5 years - try it
again..  You might just like it a little better now.

-Linc Fessenden