[rescue] OpenBSD

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Wed Jan 30 18:36:37 CST 2002

> > > Screw that.  I wand an SD0, as in /dev/sd0...  not some hokey
> > > linux-looking /dev/ad0s1a garbage.  almost as if they were trying to
> > > make it
> >
> > I always wondered why the slices start at 1 and not 0.  I mean, you've
> > got zero-indexed and one-indexed numbering in the same name.  That breaks
> > a rule or two.
>
> Linux doesn't use any ad0s1a garbage.  My scsi drives are /dev/sd0a,b,c,
> and so on...  Same with scsi tapes, et al.

Dude...  The last time I installed DeadRat (for myself) that was exactly what
it was...  along with the annoyance that s1-s3 are FDISK partitions (as in
dos...) and the s4 is an fdisk (dos) extended partition, so that any further
slicing is actually are actually 'virtual drives' inside of the s4 extended
partition.

What a load of crap.  A unix-like filesystem overlaid on an MS-DOS
partitioning scheme.

As usual, NQRFPT.

George