[rescue] Help! New File System

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jan 29 14:34:39 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 07:26:05PM +0100, Sonja Ke?ler-Fackler wrote:
> we are using solaris 8 an we did a great mistake. We build a new
> filesystem although we have an existing filesystem on this device. So we
> lost the inodes and we can't use the data on the raid.
>
> Knows anybody how to rebuild the old inodes, so we can use our files????

Restore from your backups.  You know, the backups which you made regularly
and which you tested to make sure that they were actual backups and not
just worthless mag tapes.

Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart