[rescue] Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jan 28 10:01:16 CST 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Christian J Hedemark wrote:

> Well last time I tried Debian I took one look at the installer and didn't
> bother.  But I was going to experiment with a few alternative OS's for my
> Ultra 5 so maybe I'll try Debian.

Depending on which part you didn't like you might tolerate it more now.
When I first tried debian, it wanted to have the base system local...
now it doesn't even need driver disks since it will grab them from
the net.  There supposed to ditch the current boot disk base after
the 3.0 release and get something better though...

--Kurt