[rescue] Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jan 28 09:51:55 CST 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Linc Fessenden wrote:

> They didn't.  6.2 was the last sparc port.  Debian and Suse are still
> actively persuing their own sparc port though.  In fact, I would love to
> hear from anyone running debian on their sparc to see how it actually
> runs.  Suse might be neat as well, but it's far too bulky afaiac.

I've run Debian on some of my sun4c machines in the past.  I also
ran it on an Ultra 5 at one point.  I liked it a lot.  Until I discovered
OpenBSD I used Debian 2.2 as a firewall on an IPC.  Did it on a 207meg
drive with 50meg of swap... and still had 50 meg free.  Yes, I spent
some quality time with the package manager =)

--Kurt