[rescue] OpenBSD

Jeffrey S. Sharp jss at subatomix.com
Sun Jan 27 19:03:14 CST 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> I will have to admit theat it was a tad daunting my first go round. Now
> FreeBSD's installer blows dog.

The only problem I see in FreeBSD's installer is a general UI one; when
selecting stuff in the menus (which is what you're doing most of the time
during install), it is easy to get confused as to what exactly happens if
you press enter, space, tab, or an arrow key.  The basically need to get
rid of those 'buttons' at the bottom of the menu 'window'.

Other than that, I like FreeBSD's installer the best of anything I've ever
seen.  At least it's not graphical. <shudder>

Of course, I've not installed by any mode other than 'expert', so I don't
know what the other modes look like.  I can't really imagine why anyone
competent enough to run FreeBSD would use something else; 'expert' is
about as straightforward as you can get.

--
Jeffrey S. Sharp
jss at subatomix.com