[rescue] OpenBSD

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Sun Jan 27 10:18:30 CST 2002

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:53:23AM -0500, Linc Fessenden wrote:
> This is why I really like NetBSD.  Fast install.  In defence of RedHat
> though, that guy obviously hasn't dont very many or he'd have been done in
> close to the same time you were.  Custom installs are the way to go with
> Linux and they don't take very long either.  It's a lot easier to pick the
> packageg you want before the install then to try and remove them
> afterward.

Most, if not all, Linux distributions don't believe in unmanaged
miniroots. A matter of taste probably as both ideas have their sides.

You can get close by deselecting everything in the install (unless
there's a slamm quip you need) or one of the presets. Ever looked at all
the stuff NetBSD (et al) put in there? There's a HUGE load of software
already in the miniroot before you go to ports/pkgsrc.