[rescue] Windows whining (was Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Jan 26 15:03:05 CST 2002

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, George Adkins wrote:

> > > I think if my boss told me to build them an XP box, I'd build them a
> > > resignation letter instead.  I mean, you gotta have standards...  Women
> > > can't be asked to sell their bodies as a condition of employment, and I
> > > can't be expected to sell my soul.
>
> I suppose if it was the only way to keep my family fed, I'd work a
> streetcorner late at night too...

is it time for deadhorse+flamewar at sunhelp yet?

btw, on the kivio topic, http://dot.kde.org/994334211/994365973/ seems to
have some tales of building K desktop and kivio on Solaris. It's amazing
what google can do these days.

I still use Visio on Win2k because it works for what I need to do on the
rare occasions where I need a Visio document for Windows users. My time is
valuable enough that I would rather spend 20 minutes creating a document
rather than an hour or two crying about having to use the OS that half of
my company uses.
	On the other hand, I do put a fair bit of effort into reminding my
Windows users/document generators that half of the company does not have a
Windows logo on their start bar, and maybe sending a notepad file in Word
2002 format isn't the best way to communicate. I thwapped a "Senior VP"
about that a few weeks ago, politely of course, and he sent his plain text
message back out in regular ascii.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows