[rescue] Ancient UNIX licenses!

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jan 25 13:35:01 CST 2002

> Er, that refers to the removal of restrictions on distributing the
> source code parts of the book. The commentary is still copyrighted
> by Lions, and I know of no specific permission to distribute it.

>>    "The Lions book", cherished by UNIX hackers and widely circulated as a
>>    photocopied bootleg document since the late 1970's, is finally

This is the bit to which I was referring, thus the irony.  Like I said, if
Anyone gripes, I have no problems taking it down.  However, I think that
reading it will make folk inclined to either toss the ps/pdf or buy the
Real Thing (should they not already have it).  The PDF especially is hard
on the eyes.

--Jonathan