[rescue] Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Jan 25 07:51:03 CST 2002

To all the people who have one of these devices: do you leave it pluggen
into the wall when yuou're not using it?
   I know that this sounds like a stupid question, but I have a 3Com
LANmodem at home -- 56k analog modem + 4 ports -- and I only use it once in
a while. However, I screwed it to the bottom of the desk for cosmetic reaons
(read, "wife") and it's a pain to reach under and (un)plug it each tie I use
it.
   Does it matter to this little guy, heat-wise, if it's on all day, upside
down, under a desk?
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt