[rescue] Vaxstation 4000 96

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Fri Jan 25 06:37:45 CST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 11:41:58AM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 08:57:05PM +1300, Kenneth Dunn wrote:
>
> > things like what OS is best to run on it,
> You can put OpenVMS on it, that is the OS that this machine was made for.
> But I tend to expand VMS to Very Much Strange. I am afraid, that I never
> will get "warm" with this "strange", but _very_ powerfull OS.
> And ``Of course it runs NetBSD.'' if you like a *ix environment.

How about the Unix that there was talk about just recenly 'cross-thread?
ISTR seeing a VAX dir there.

> > what is that card with a funky 50 pin DB connector
> > that has 3 rows of pins (SCSI I?).
> The SCSI Port is the 50 pin centronics connector, top left corner if
> you look at the back.

There's a seriously good site I read a while back that explained loads
and loads about recognizing those odd connectors in several vaxen. I
think I stumbled (followed n links) from the NetBSD port page.

http://www.whiteice.com/~williamwebb/intro/DOC-i.html seems to be the
only Vax link I actually bookmarked :-(

--
The neigbours are mad at me for playing Iron Butterfly so loud
the drum solo killed their goldfish.

[demime 0.99c.1 removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]