[rescue] Boats?

Julius Sridhar vance at ikickass.org
Fri Jan 25 00:42:28 CST 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Mike Hebel wrote:

> AW> I always wished I was rich enough/allowed to refloat a Japanese battleship
> AW> or heavy cruiser... and of course keep it.
>
> I want an original Japanese Zero in flying condition.  I think just
> for historical purposes they should pull some of those off the ocean
> floor and refurbish them.

Since a good portion of a zero's structure was made of wood, it would be
problematic to find one in the ocean that is anywhere near intact.  There
are places that will sell you the plans to build your own, though.  And
I'm sure if you paid them enough, Mitsubishi would probably build you one.
8-)

Peace...  Sridhar