[rescue] help me load up this Mylex SCSI 2 SCSI RAID controller

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Thu Jan 24 18:58:54 CST 2002

All you guys with the Clariion's feel free to laugh at my small
wee-wee RAID controller...but it was only $87 on EBay.

Today I got my Mylex DAC960SXIH RAID controller.

This is about the size of a full height 5.25 inch drive, with an LCD
panel on the front of it and some buttons.  If you don't have the
software or a vt100 console to hook up to it, you can configure a RAID
array with the buttons on the front of the controller.

It has 32MB of cache, and a 20MB diff. host interface, and 2 diff
drive interfaces.  It handles all the RAID in hardware, and just looks
like one drive to the OS.

What's the best way to load this puppy up?  Should I just stick it in
a big ole PC tower case I have lying around?  Anybody got any
experience with these things?  Is it worth investigating hot-swap with
this?

I have a BT-958D (d for diff) controller to go in the OpenBSD box, so
am covered on that front.

Cordially

Patrick