[rescue] OT: Data Warehousing book recommendations

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Thu Jan 24 15:38:57 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 12:03:41PM -0500
Julius Sridhar <vance at ikickass.org> wrote:
> I experiment with heavy-duty data warehousing, but I'm mostly self taught.
> I can recommend some books, depending on the kind of info you need.  What
> were you looking at doing?
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

i'll chime in a "me too" with Sridhar.  I've never read any books on
it... ya don't really need to.  Just define what the numbers are now and
what they will be in the future.  Will these just be files, like CAD
diags or is this going to be a large database?  Your guys will need to
focus on these things in the design.  There are many tricks to fine-tune
how it all behaves..but the numbers have to be defined up front.

feel more than free to contact me on or off list..or your IT guys and I
can help them out.  I love doing this stuff.

The best part of IRC is you can help people design and troubleshoot shit
all day, and if it doesn't work, it's not your problem :D

fwiw, i've never caused any outtages/problems for netzero, juno, commerzbank,
american express, emc, or sun doing online help ;)

irc is a drug

^D