[rescue] Boats?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 24 12:16:56 CST 2002

~ I'd say for me it would be a Beneteau Oceanis 52 or perhaps
~ an Irwin 75'
~ Schooner.  The Hunter 45's aren't bad.
~
~ Andrew
~
I prefer craft that I can pilot on my own. No crew needed. The Harpoon
Weekender is about the smallest sailcraft I would take on the ocean. I had
the O'day Mariner outside Boston Harbor only one time. I made it back alive
but I wasn't all that sure I would (3ft seas). That experience probably
scarred me for life, since I have preferred lakes and rivers since. I don't
trust anything when water crosses over the deck. The other thing I hate with
a passion is following seas. On a powerboat its noticable, in a sailcraft
its like you're going backwards. The Harpoon has enough sail area to have an
easier time with it.