[rescue] [Fwd: [SubG] HP-UX]

Randy Bowie r.bowie at pentasafe.com
Thu Jan 24 07:34:39 CST 2002

Can he log in using fail-safe(options in VUE login panel)?  If so he just
needs to edit(or create) /etc/nsswitch.conf so that he has a line similar to
the following:
hosts: files dns nis

assuming the there's an entry for `hostname` in /etc/hosts

I doubt he has HP-UX 2.7 on a 715.  :)

The older 720/730's shipped with 8.xx.  The 715 probably shipped with 9.03.

HTH

-Randy Bowie