[rescue] O2 as desktop?

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Wed Jan 23 21:52:59 CST 2002

I've got a line on a cheap O2 - R5k 180mhz, 384mb, 2x2gb, Irix
6.5w/media. I don't know the size of the cache yet and it has no AV
module. My other Unix machine is a Ultra 30, 300mhz/2mb, 512mb ram,
how would this compare as a general desktop machine? Without dropping
more cash into it, what cool stuff could this O2 do that say a U30 or
Linux machine can't? I know about the video as texture and no texture
memory features but does that get me anything if I'm only running
Irix 6.5 and freeware programs?

Mike
P.S. What board do I need to get FDDI on this thing?