[rescue] RS6000 boxen

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jan 23 05:47:14 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 05:32:33AM -0500, Julius Sridhar wrote:

> All the stuff that has been developed for PowerPC applies to POWER (at
> least for the most part.)
AFAIK POWER and POWERPC are similar, but still different.
I remember a thread on tech-kern regarding the problems of
supporting the PPC 601 CPU... So the trouble is already
right there.

> It's just a matter of someone doing the grunt
> work and ironing out the kinks.
That's it. There hapens only somthing if someone make it hapen.
That is one reason why I am currently working on a RX02 driver
for NetBSD/VAX. I mostly doing it to educate myself in kernel
programming / internas. I am also using this opportunity to write
a doc about device driver programming under NetBSD. (Mostly a
report of what I have done / what is needed to know / do.)
When that is finished I plan to donate some time to the PREP port...

So, nice to hear that you will spend your time for NetBSD/s390
and NetBSD/POWER. ;-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen