[rescue] SLACKERS

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Jan 22 22:11:23 CST 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:
> Yous all just a buncha playa haters.  Why you gotta be that way?
>
> RepRUHZHENT!
>
> j/k
>
> i've had a couple of friends that really got into this stuff...i was
> embarased to ride with them.  I did get into the car audio thing in

One of my friends, heart set on "rice"'ing out his car, just killed his
transmission. How? Simple -- Rev to 2K, put in gear. Tires squeal. 4 CYL.
Front wheel drive. Justification for having a "tip" on the exhaust? "Makes
my car sound like an angry bumblebee." My other friend drives an '86
Camaro (V6). He corrected him: "It's supposed to be purrs like a kitten.
You know why? 'Cause kittens purr! Not rattle like a bumblebee!"

I wish my parents hadn't given up on the 1964 Buick Wildcat or the '64
Buick LeSabre. But I have my little Japanese piece of crap -- it runs, it
does everything I've ever asked of it -- I and understand that if you're
going to demand 110% from your hardware, you'd better be taking care of
it! (Incidentally, $JAPANESE-PIECE-OF-CRAP just turned 0085 Kmiles
yesterday. I've personally put ~25K miles on the car.)

("Um... I don't have reverse, or neutral, or 3RD anymore... and the
transmission fluid smells burnt. I think it's frozen.")

If he hadn't of done this, I'd be forced to rice my car out. Anyone know
of a good shop to print a bumpersticker: "Original Ricester"?

I find it slightly more than humorous that I drive a compact Japanese-made
car -- made back when that Was Not A Fashionable Thing To Do. It's been to
Texas twice.

-----