[rescue] mystery machine

bluecanary at shaft.shaftnet.org bluecanary at shaft.shaftnet.org
Mon Jan 21 19:42:30 CST 2002

Well Dan, I sure hope nobody took you up on that bet, as it turned out to
be a SS1000... =)

I was misled in the description I'd been given-- it was not at all
table-sized, or 400 pounds. It did have 6 cpus, though, and places for
several hard drives. UNfortunately, the salvage shop guy had taken out all
the memory and HDDs, it had not come to him with its two front boot
drives, was thus not testable to see if it still works... AND looked as if
it had been dropped or whacked hard, and one of the back trays holding a
card with CPUs on it had broken triggers and wouldn't open at all.

We didn't get it. =)

Thanks for the advice, Dave! Turns out you guessed right on the model. If
anybody's dying for a beaten-up SS1000 that may not work, in the Atlanta,
GA area, I can tell you where the shop is. I'm guessing not, though...
--Ariel