[rescue] 8G Full-Height SCSI-2 Internal Drive

Joshua Johnston flagg at midmaine.com
Mon Jan 21 18:07:01 CST 2002

I have a Micropolis 8 Gigabyte SCSI-2 HD, part number ZZ0055-01-7, and
am wondering if this drive is something that I can find a housing for
and use with my Sparc Classic, or if I should look to sell it?  It's
working fine now, and I haven't had any issues except the fact it weighs
about a ton.

Anyone have suggestions on enclosures or value estimates?  I know large
capacity SCSI isn't cheap, and wonder if maybe the combination of an
older technology and the large capacity might make it worth something.

- Josh

Also, I might be convinced to trade a Palm IIIc with 2 years of a Best
Buy PSP remaining for SGI or Sun hardware if anyone's interested.